Our thoughts on Apple’s latest announcements. Watches, super thin MacBooks. And HBO Now. What sounds good, what is disappointing? And most importantly, what’s on our wishlist?
Running Time: 44:07
Nerd News Flash:
- What do you get for a Samsung? An Apple Watch apparently.
- Its a FREAK of nature. Well, of coding anyway
- The I’s have it. Well, the eyes anyway. Windows 10 Biometrics
- Use Apple Pay where ever you can?
Featured Story: Apple March Announcements
- See the specs here at Apple.com
- USB-C will rule them all
- or will it? USB security risk
- Apple says screw all your old accessories! Buy all new ones! and they’re expensive!
- NO SD slot. What’s up with that?
- taptic engine for touchpad sounds interesting but will everyone like the feedback?
- 8GB RAM max
- probably lots of fans already…but none inside this macbook
- The Sport. The Middle One. And the one that you can’t afford.
- Mike doesn’t want one. But he’s probably gonna get one. Just because. Just not the one that’s $10,000.
- Save your money and get a Pebble? $100, e-ink, 7 days on a charge
- No new hardware announced. Price dropped
- ok, HBO Now ($15/mo), no Satellite or Cable subscription needed.
- Apple working with other network providers to bundle content packages. Rumors suggest June announcement at WWDC, with a September launch. Maybe new hardware then?
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio