Why are you holding on to that old electronics gear? You can probably get cash for it. But don’t just give it away. Wipe your data. We’ll talk through some options for protecting your personal data and share some tips for selling that gear. That way you can get new stuff!
Running Time: 39:21
Nerd News Flash:
- Wilkommen! It’s time for Oktoberfest so if you want to make you own brats, here’s how.
- Time for a new Tivo with 4K?
- Google just caught up to Apple
- Got your Hilton Hotel points? Because, so do the hackers.
- Speaking of hackers, make sure you update your Apple iOS devices to 9.0.2 as they can bypass the lock screen.
- Bosch is giving VW the kabosh. Apparently they warned them about the software issues years ago when they made it for them.
- Our favorite webcomic XKCD turns 10 !
Featured Story: Getting Rid Of That Old Gear
- You’ve got old pcs, tablets, cameras, game consoles laying around the house. You may get around to tossing them out at some point. But you can probably make some money if you sell them. But you need to erase your data first to be safe. We’ll give you some tips.
- Gazelle.com will buy your iPhones, Android phones, other cell phones and Macs.
- Of course you can always sell it on eBay. Tools help you determine shipping costs, you can even get packages picked up from your doorstep.
- Gamestop will often buy your old consoles and titles. They will even help you determine their value.
- What’s too big to ship? Donate! Get a receipt.
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio