- Sony’s Playstation Network hacked. Just in time to thwart the launches of Portal2 and Mortal Combat.
- A bad week for cloud computing as Amazon Cloud Services went offline for several days. What went wrong.
- If you’re a small business in Seattle, get off WEP. Wardrivers are stealing credit card data. Go back and listen to WFN #14: Home Networking Basics for some tips on how to best setup your home router. Protect yourself.
- Apple was accused of tracking personal information on iPhones. They claim this was a software bug.
- DropBox has to defend itself after a change to its Terms of Service raise questions about privacy.
- YouTube founders sweep in and buy Delicious from Yahoo
- April 27, 1810 – Beethoven composes his famous piano piece, Für Elise.
- April 25, 1901 – New York becomes the first U.S. state to require automobile license plates.
- April 25, 1939 – DC Comics publishes its second major superhero in Detective Comics #27; he is Batman, one of the most popular comic book superheroes of all time.
- April 29, 2004 – Oldsmobile builds its final car ending 107 years of production.