- Twitter surpasses 200M users
- Amazon takes aim at iTunes; slashes price on new music to $0.69
- Twitter acquires TweetDeck for $40-50M
- ANOTHER Sony data breach, this time 24.6M accounts involved.
- Star Wars news announced on May the 4th
- Apple releases iOS 4.3.3 to fix the location tracking bug
- Windows Phone 7 users tripped up by unofficial update tool
- Mac users hit by rogue antivirus app
- Bin Laden video is a virus, says FBI
- May 1, 1956 – The polio vaccine developed by Jonas Salk is made available to the public.
- May 1, 1989 – Disney-MGM Studios opens at Walt Disney World near Orlando, Florida, United States.
- May 2, 2000 – President Bill Clinton announces that accurate GPS access would no longer be restricted to the United States military.
- May 3, 2000 – The sport of geocaching begins, with the first cache placed and the coordinates from a GPS posted on Usenet.