Tech and International Travel:
- what to be aware of when traveling internationally
- what equipment do you need?
- Coverage/roaming/data plans – $$$$
- Maps and GPS – language?
- Ballmer says 8 is enough
- and 500 new features in Win7 phone upgrade!
- iPad is “iExpense”
- Latest Sony firmware update causing PS3 systems to overheat?
- Dell readies its next MacBook Air competitor. Some specs here.
- Blu-ray: death by streaming (WFN #13, 4/28/2009
- May 22, 1819 – The SS Savannah leaves port at Savannah, Georgia, United States, on a voyage to become the first steamship to cross the Atlantic Ocean. The ship arrived at Liverpool, England on June 20.
- May 24, 1844 – Samuel Morse sends the message “What hath God wrought” (a biblical quotation, Numbers 23:23) from the Old Supreme Court Chamber in the United States Capitol to his assistant, Alfred Vail, in Baltimore, Maryland to inaugurate the first telegraph line.
- May 22, 1906 – The Wright brothers are granted U.S. patent number 821,393 for their “Flying-Machine“.
- May 24, 1970 – The drilling of the Kola Superdeep Borehole begins in the Soviet Union.
- May 22, 1990 – Microsoft releases the Windows 3.0 operating system.