Steve Jobs steps down at Apple. Steve Jobs tweaks Star Wars yet again. And some hurricane tech to help you ride out a storm. All this and more on this week’s podcast.
Sponsor: Carbonite.com 15 Day Free Trial. Get yours today at Carbonite.com!
- Steve Jobs steps down from Apple. Here is what his calendar looks like now. Well, maybe.
- Now you can ignore people on Google+
- Facebook kills Deals and Places, but do you care?
- DirecTV readies a Slingbox competitor
- Windows 8 is bringing the ribbon to Windows Explorer
- A nerd version of Who’s-On-First
- George Lucas changes Star Wars AGAIN for its Blu-ray release
- Add some flare to your USB hubs
- Hurricane tech to help you ride out the storm
- Astronomers find a planet made of diamond
This Week in Nerd History:
- August 31, 1803 – Lewis and Clark start their expedition to the west by leaving Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 11 in the morning.
- August 29, 1885 – Gottlieb Daimler patents the world’s first internal combustion motorcycle, the Reitwagen
- August 31, 1897 – Thomas Edison patents the Kinetoscope, the first movie projector.
- August 31, 1920 – The first radio news program is broadcast by 8MK in Detroit, Michigan.
- August 28, 1965 – Shania Twain, Canadian singer