- Carrier IQ tracking software watching your every move on your smartphone.
- Microsoft rolls out Xbox TV platform.
- Kindle Fire sales so far. On fire?
- Need a hard drive? They won’t come cheap for awhile after Thailand floods. Maybe its time to get a SSD instead.
- The ASUS Transformer Prime Tablet coming December 12th.
- The combined world’s largest model railroad and airport!
- Are you or someone you know planning on getting a new computer this holiday season? If so, you may want to know how you can easily move data from old computers to new ones:
- MAC Migration Assistant. Apple also offers OnetoOne assistance in-store.
- Windows Easy Transfer – MSFT doesn’t offer it for free. What to do? Try Geek Squad, albeit for a price.
- Things to do before you start.
- Backup…to an external disk
- Save your bookmarks, passwords. consider using plugins or cloud
- identify critical files that you’ll need. Maybe burn to DVD?
- Things to do after you’re done:
- how to format the old system if you’re giving it to someone else or selling it
- make sure you set up new backups on the new systems
- recycle your old gear properly
This Week in Nerd History: