Tom gets a Kindle Fire. And there will be a ring of fire on May 20th visible in the US for the 1st time in 18yrs. What is it? We’ve got details on these stories and much more!
Sponsor: MozyPro Online Backup: Simple, Automatic & Secure Backup
- What is HP doing with WebOS and will you buy the products?
- Do you plan to use Office v15 or does it not matter for consumers?
- Tablet news – Tom unboxed his new Kindle Fire today and already has the top 100 books from Project Gutenberg online.
- How’s it look/feel/operate?
- What came with it vs. accessories?
- What apps are on it stock vs what I have added so far?
- Work or pleasure?
- Netflix on my Fire. Tres bien
- Is it dumb to spend $200 when the iPad3 is around the corner?
- The other Ring of Fire: an eclipse in the USA this year, on May 20.
- Battlestar Galactica: Bet you can’t watch just one!
This Week in Nerd History:
- Jan 30, 1847 – Yerba Buena, California is renamed San Francisco.
- Jan 31, 1865 – American Civil War: The United States Congress passes the Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, abolishing slavery, submitting it to the states for ratification.
- Jan 31, 1967 – Founder of world dominating Same3Guys.com is born. All kneel before Mike.
- Jan 31, 1990 – The first McDonald’s in the Soviet Union opens in Moscow.