Apple readies the new iPad. Spider-Man goes 4k in Orlando. A computer for $25? And Ford is trying to fix their MyTouch problems. All this and more on our 150th episode!!!
- Apple iPad announcement is Wednesday. Expected to be retina display. Rumors about docking port change, LTE, battery life, iOS6? We’ll know soon.
- Google rebrands Android Market. Say hello to Google Play.
- Say goodbye to your cash register? Square launches iPad register app.
- Universal Orlando reopens Spider-Man ride… with some cool upgrades!
- Say goodbye to Tron and 1,000 other movies as Netflix loses rights to Starz titles.
- Ford reworks MyTouch screens after ratings drop and consumer complaints.
- You can preorder that Back To The Future hoverboard but it’ll set you back $120 US. Great Scott!
- Try out Linux and the (backordered) $25 Raspberry Pi
- Got an extra PC to download and test Windows 8 Beta, with Metro UI
This Week in Nerd History:
- March 6, 1840 – The Baltimore College of Dental Surgery opens, the first dental school.
- March 6, 1912 – the Oreo cookie is introduced by Nabisco
- March 6, 1975 – For the first time, ever, the Zapruder film of the assassination of John F. Kennedy is shown in motion to a national TV audience by Robert J. Groden and Dick Gregory.
- March 6, 1992 – Michelangelo computer virus begins to affect computers.