Our Mobile App of the week may be a huge help if you are vacationing in Anaheim or Central Florida any time soon. Plus, the Space Shuttle Discovery takes a tour in Washington, Solid State drives for under $100, and a service to let you convert your DVD movies to the cloud for only $2. Plenty of nerviness in store as Tom tries to figure out what he’s going to do tomorrow!
Mobile App of the Week:
- Disney Mobile Magic (for iOS and Android)
- enhanced with more information when you are actually on premise, but there are plenty of benefits to aid your planning even before you get there.
- Park Hours, including Extra Magic Hours
- Park & Resort maps
- Park/Resort events for that day with times
- Wait Times for the rides with FastPass availability
- Character Appearances
- Dining Guide, including ability to make a reservation from your smartphone.
- Lots of other helpful info: weather, transportation, shopping guides with hours of availability. Add items to favorites for quicker access.
- New Walmart service to let you convert your DVDs
- While Amazon adds a trade-in program for CDs
- buying comics as an app: Foxtrot available for iPad in the iBookStore
- Intel SSD at 89 bucks?
- or a Philips LED light bulb for $60 ?
- or $35 for a Linux Raspberry Pi computer?
- Wow! Prince of Persia source code is open-source
- Have you checked Discovery’s orbit?
- That Terminator is out there…or is he?
- Want a Dragon ride?
- What to shop for first, the TV or the stand? How about both.
This Week in Nerd History:
- April 15, 1892 – The General Electric Company is formed.
- April 15, 1896 – Closing ceremony of the Games of the I Olympiad in Athens, Greece