Sharks with laser beams? Dr. Evil would be so proud! Plus, an explanation for those moments when you’re swear you just got a new email or text message but you realize your phone isn’t even in your pocket! All this and much, much more.
Mobile App of the Week:
- The Logos Quiz Game (iOS) will definitely test your memory. Just how in tune are you to corporate brands? This little app will help you find out. Yes, it’s fun. Thanks to Stephanie for this tip!
- Do you suffer from Phantom Vibration Syndrome? You are not alone! (thanks to @tball78 for this tip)
- iOS update to 5.1.1 to fix some technical issues
- This is actually NOT the April Fools Google gesture. This is real. (but is it as fun as some of these Gmail Motion gestures?)
- The original ‘green’ is going green.
- Who DOESN’T want an XBox for $99?
- This is a joke, maybe. Assembly instructions for a LHC.
- Yes! Sharks with laserbeams!
This Week in Nerd History:
- May 8, 1886 – Pharmacist John Styth Pemberton first sells a carbonated beverage named “Coca-Cola” as a patent medicine.
- May 6, 1937 – Hindenburg disaster: The German zeppelin Hindenburg catches fire and is destroyed within a minute while attempting to dock at Lakehurst, New Jersey. Thirty-six people are killed.
- May 11, 1997 – Deep Blue, a chess-playing supercomputer, defeats Garry Kasparov in the last game of the rematch, becoming the first computer to beat a world-champion chess player in a classic match format.