Verizon announces their shared data plans, though most people are less than thrilled. We’ll chime in with some thoughts on the subject. Plus, news from Disney about park changes that include some of your favorite Pixar and Marvel characters. And first impressions about Apple’s new MacBook Pro with Retina Display. All this plus the Nerd History and our Mobile App of the Week.
Mobile App of the Week:
- Harley-Davidson Maps for iOS.
- Details of Verizon’s new shared data plans were released last week. Initial reaction has not been very positive. What do you think?
- Disney working to bring Marvel characters to Disneyland. Just don’t look for it in Orlando any time soon. But wouldn’t EPCOT be PERFECT if it was reimagined as a Stark Expo? Or how about a Cars Land in California?
- Did you get one of the first MacBook Pros with Retina Display? Apple already sold out the first production order. Just don’t expect to be able to upgrade it or service it yourself.
- For the first time ever in the US, eBook sales have surpassed hardcover.
- Prometheus was not a good movie, science being one of the reasons.
This Week in Nerd History:
- June 18, 1983 – Sally Ride boards Challenger to be first American woman in space.
- June 21, 2004 – SpaceShip One completes the first private manned space flight.