Another DropBox account breach, so change your passwords. We’ll talk about what happened and what they are planning to do about it. Plus, as a follow-up to last week’s “cost of being BatMan” we’ve got similar pricing for Tony Stark/Iron Man. All this, plus a cool mobile app of the week for nature lovers.
Mobile App of the Week:
- National Geographic National Parks App iPhone
- Hotmail is dead; long live Outlook!
- Judge rules that separate billing to tethering is not allowed.
- Follow up from last week’s Cost of Being Batman. Now we know what it costs Tony Stark to be Iron Man, too.
- DropBox confirms that it got hacked and user email addresses were stolen.
- Chrome browser can access your webcam without plugins?
- 1Gbps UP and DOWN for $70/month? Thank you, Google Fiber.
This Week in Nerd History:
- August 2, 1939 – Albert Einstein and Leó Szilárd write a letter to Franklin D. Roosevelt, urging him to begin the Manhattan project to develop a nuclear weapon.
- August 3, 1958 – USS Nautilus goes under the North Pole.
- August 1, 1981 – MTV begins broadcasting in the United States and airs its first video, “Video Killed the Radio Star” by the Buggles.