We’re talking about cool tech to help put you on a path to better physical fitness. These include ways to track what you eat and how much you exercise from the convenience of your smartphone. But wait till you see what you can do with it.
Mobile App of the Week:
- Weight Watchers mobile app – iTunes and Droid
- This app is very useful especially when teamed up with the newer barcode scanner from Weight Watchers. It helps to automatically insert PointsPlus for the Tracker.
Health and Fitness (using Tech, of course):
- A better version of a pedometer, the FitBit tracks your steps, calories burned and more and displays it in a nice dashboard (or on your smartphone)
- The Withings WiFi Scale is another techie item that gives you a digital readout of your weight and BMI. And it can integrate with your FitBit account to sync that data into your dashboard.
- Nike+ Running, built-in to recent iPhones and iPod Touches, tracks your walks/runs and gives you a nice Google map to show where you were and your pace along the way. But we’ve got one problem with it run now, even though it’s not really Nike’s fault.
- What do you use? Share your success stories with us!
- Warp Speed ahead! Engage!!
This Week in Nerd History:
- Sept 27, 1777 – Lancaster, Pennsylvania is the capital of the United States, for one day.
- Sept 27, 1908 – The first production of the Ford Model T automobile was built at the Piquette Plant in Detroit, Michigan.