Disney patents an augmented reality cake. Say what? If you don’t believe that, then how about truck-based laser weapons? Or how about a completely new way to experience your favorite restaurant? We’ve got all of this nerdy news, plus our mobile app and week in Nerd History.
Mobile App of the Week:
- Flipboard Social App – for Apple and Droid – This is a pretty cool app that lets you surf your content in a single place across most, if not all, social media and news sites. iPad version is well done.
- Follow up from Fitness show – Larklife fitness wristband, Nike Fuel Band, Jawbone UP
- Apple releases Lightning dock Connector for old to new conversion
- SpaceX Dragon launches first commercial flight
- Disney patents augmented reality cakes…Mmmmm
- Boeing says its time to test their truck based laser weapon.
- Microsoft+Nook = what exactly?
- Ziosk creates tabletop tablet/POS system.
- According to a little green dude: “Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Actually Anger leads to Birds….
- Flying saucer plans declassified (or Apple’s new headquarters)
This Week in Nerd History:
- October 9, 1604 – Supernova 1604, the most recent supernova to be observed in the Milky Way.
- October 9, 1999 – The last flight of the SR-71.
- October 8, nnnn – Dave Barry says all history happens on this date.