Microsoft is eliminating Messenger in favor of Skype. If you got a new Surface tablet, you may be surprised at how little space you really have. And Amazon raises the Prime rate. No, not that one.
Mobile App of the Week:
- Microsoft’s iOS App for Xbox has a new name and new features. SmartGlass.
- Skype is replacing Windows Live Messenger. Yay!
- Amazon wants to make more money off of you Prime customers. Now the new plan is $7.99/month…competing with Hulu and Netflix.
- Google’s new US search page results have some streamlined improvements. What are they specifically?
- A cloud based laptop. Wait, what?
- Want a 32GB Surface tablet? No problem. Here’s 16GB of storage.
- If you are outside the US and want to watch Netflix, Pandora, Hulu what do you do? Use Media Hint from Garage 48.
This Week in Nerd History:
- Nov 7, 1874 – A cartoon by Thomas Nast in Harper’s Weekly, is considered the first important use of an elephant as a symbol for the United States Republican Party.
- Nov 4, 1962 – In a test of the Nike-Herculesair defense missile, Shot Dominic-Tightrope is successfully detonated 69,000 feet above Johnston Island. It would also be the last atmospheric nuclear test conducted by the United States. (Don’t forget to check out video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lquok4Pdk)