Microsoft and Google have patches for some annoying problems that may affect your mobile device. A 33 foot LEGO Christmas tree and a zombie game that John loves on his new iPhone! This plus some musical nerd history and lots of other nerd news as we recover from eating too much over the Thanksgiving holiday.
Mobile App of the Week:
- Zombie Gunship by Limbic Software. Shoot zombies from the air in your C-130. Protect the civilians! $0.99
- Say do you remember, the entire month of December? Well, we’re paraphrasing a popular Earth, Wind & Fire song here. But thanks to Android 4.2.1, Google is fixing a problem introduced in Jelly Bean that eliminated the entire last month of the year from the People app.
- It’s that time of year again, as Microsoft reveals the top things we searched for on Bing in 2012.
- Twelve ways to nerd up your Christmas tree this year.
- Got a Windows 8 phone? Microsoft knows what’s causing those random reboots on Windows phones and will have a patch for you in December.
- Rumors suggest new features galore in the upcoming Xbox 720 due out in 2013.
This Week in Nerd History:
An odd musical coincidence on November 28th in history as this day marked the debut of two famous classical pieces of music.
- November 28, 1811 – Beethoven‘s Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 73, premieres at the Gewandhaus in Leipzig.
- November 28, 1909 – Sergei Rachmaninoff makes the debut performance of his Piano Concerto No. 3, considered to be one of the most technically challenging piano concertos in the standard classical repertoire.
And something completely unrelated, though still musical.
- November 28, 1943 – music composer Randy Newman is born