We’ll tell you how you can access all of your tweets, review the top trends on Twitter in 2012 and talk about some of the year’s best apps. There’s even one that can make your iPhone 5 do magic! Well, it feels like magic. We’ve got this, plus a way to run Android apps on your Mac and the week in Nerd History on the first post-apocalypse show AND the last one for 2012!
Mobile App of the Week:
- Fireproof Games delivered the iOS iPad game of the year, The Room. For $1.99 USD, this game is sure to captivate you for hours as you try to solve the complex puzzles that will ultimately unlock the safe.
- You can now download an archive of all of your tweets from Twitter.
- What was trending on Twitter in 2012? The list is out.
- Lots of iDevices were unwrapped this Christmas. And it looks like a lot of those delighted recipients downloaded Temple Run to play on it.
- Do you want to run Android apps on your Mac? Well, BlueStacks finally advanced the Mac version to Beta status.
- Better late than never? Microsoft getting into retail a la Apple.
- Panorama? How about hands free. Try Cycloramic for $0.99.
This Week in Nerd History:
- December 27, 537 – The Hagia Sophia is completed
- December 27, 1831 – Charles Darwin embarks on his journey aboard the HMS Beagle, during which he will begin to formulate the theory of evolution.
- December 28, 1912 – The first municipally owned streetcars take to the streets in San Francisco, California
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio