What happens when you combine LEGO with an iPhone? As you might imagine, the possibilities are endless! We’ve got a mobile app that is ultra nerdy, but handy, and will show you everything on your home network. Our Nerd History this week includes the 1st State of the Union.
Running Time: 34:54
Mobile App of the Week:
- Fing (Overlook Software) is a free network scanning tool for the super nerd that wants to see who else is on the same network subnet as your iOS device.
- Holiday sales were not kind to GameStop. Is this the end for brick and mortar video game delivery?
- What happens when you mix iPhones with LEGO? Well, really nerdy iPhone cases, that’s what!
- Microsoft says someone stole their iPads. No Microsoft products were stolen.
- Ivee brings you home automation that is a nice version of HAL9000.
- Microsoft wants to make sure that you know it’s time to dump Messenger and move to Skype soon.
- For that beer lover in your life, you need to check out Colors and Beer. Amaze your friends with fun facts and CMYK knowledge about that frosty draught!
This Week in Nerd History:
- Jan 8, 1790 – George Washington delivers the first State of the Union address in New York, New York.
- Jan 8, 1835 – The United States national debt is zero for the only time.
- Jan 12, 1998 – Nineteen European nations agree to forbid human cloning.
- Jan 9, 2007 – Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveils the first iPhone.
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio