Windows 8 upgrade pricing ends soon, so act now. Holy Expensive Transactions, Batman! The BatMobile fetches a handsome price. And some apps to play on your shiny new Christmas presents.
Running Time: 29:09
Mobile App of the Week:
- Flow Free by Big Duck Games. A simple game to connect the dots, with no crossing lines. Reminds me of circuit design!
- If you’ve been thinking about upgrading to Windows 8 you’d better do it soon. Microsoft’s introductory pricing for Windows 8 will expire on January 31st. And you won’t get it for $40 after that.
- Microsoft promises improvements to its Security Suite after it fails another A/V certification test.
- It’s a hit. The sequel to the popular Temple Run was downloaded more than 20 million times in its first week of release.
- Batmobile sold. $4.2Million. Cool. Based on the 1955 Lincoln Futura. ‘Nuf said.
- Who knew that people liked raspberry pi(e) this much?
- What kind of basketball court would TRON’s Kevin Flynn play on? This one, of course.
This Week in Nerd History:
- January 23, 1957 – American inventor Walter Frederick Morrison sells the rights to his flying disc to the Wham-O toy company, who later rename it the “Frisbee”.
- January 22, 1984 – The Apple Macintosh, the first consumer computer to popularize the computer mouse and the graphical user interface, is introduced during Super Bowl XVIII with its famous “1984” television commercial.
- January 24, 2003 – The United States Department of Homeland Security officially begins operation.
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio