The recent twitter hack should automatically remind you to change your password. And don’t make it easy to guess. You want your account active so that you can read all of the funny tweets that happen during, say a 30 minute blackout at the SuperBowl. We’ll recap the zany events, including some of the most memorable commercials. All this and much more tech news, Nerd history and a mobile app that you need to check out if you are planning any kind of remodel project at home.
Running Time: 34:26
Mobile App of the Week:
- Houzz is a free mobile app for iOS and Android that gives you picture ideas for your next home project (thanks to Violet for tipping us off to this app).
- Over 250,000 Twitter accounts hacked. Change your password!
- But it rebounded nicely for the SuperBowl, especially during the half-hour power outage, when everyone took to twitter to become a comedian, and some brands were quick to react.
- Review of SuperBowl commercials. Which did you like best? Which ones were the worst?
- Tweeeeeeeeets from Spaaaaaacccceee. Here.
- What can a Big Mac tell you? More than you think.
- Earth’s neighbor is only 13 Light Years away… Kepler Telescope and some math.
This Week in Nerd History:
- February 14, 1876 – Alexander Graham Bell applies for a patent for the telephone, as does Elisha Gray.
- February 10, 1967 – The 25th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified.
- February 10, 1996 – The IBM supercomputer Deep Blue defeats Garry Kasparov in chess for the first time.
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio