More reasons to be careful online. We’ll tell you how people can figure out a lot about you just by knowing what things you like on FaceBook. And Apple got sloppy with the iTunes store and your data may have been at risk. But there’s good news, too. Including a birthday for one of the Same3Guys, a change of pace for the mobile app of the week and a universal translator that would make Gene Roddenberry proud.
Running Time: 34:33
Mobile App of the Week:
- Imagine, Design, Create by Autodesk. A 400MB interactive book with 30 minutes of video about designers, architects and engineers.
- What does liking something on FaceBook really say about you? Maybe more than you think.
- Apple’s iTunes Store was not secure for months.
- God doesn’t want you on the internet.
- Either Samsung has a new phone or they found the Tesseract and gave it to a child.
- Why do bicyclists keep hitting my car? Volvo will stop this problem now!
- How do kids do their homework now? Here’s how they do it in Camas Ridge Elementary School.
- The Universal Translator is here, although I bet it doesn’t know all three dialects of Romulan.
This Week in Nerd History:
- March 10, 1876 – Alexander Graham Bell makes the first successful telephone call by saying “Mr. Watson, come here, I want to see you.”
- March 10, 1891 – Almon Strowger, an undertaker in Topeka, Kansas, patents the Strowger switch, a device which led to the automation of telephone circuit switching.
- March 13, 1971 – Birthday of Same3Guys co-founder and host, Tom Kresic.
- March 11, 1993 – Janet Reno is confirmed by the United States Senate and sworn in the next day, becoming the first female Attorney General of the United States.
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio