John is in the market for a new printer, replacing an old HP LaserJet that was a workhorse for many years. There are tons of options to consider when buying a new printer. We’ll give you some things to think about.
- HP has completed its $2.7 billion deal for 3Com
- Palm for sale.
- Microsoft and Verizon reveal Pink Phone, a kid-targetted not quite Windows 7 Phone OS.
- Testing the law for too-short yellow lights and traffic cameras.
- Where do you find descriptions of both DiLithium and Kryptonite? On a periodic table of imaginary elements, of course.
Feature Story: Printers
- Printer types: all-in-one, photo, laser, ink, etc
- Ads from Lexmark about ‘Evil Ink’. Some printers with free black ink for life. Power-hungry Laser printers in an EnergyStar world.
- Multi-function to take media cards and print without a computer
- Print from iPhone, iPad, Blackberry
- Duplexing !
- O/S compatibility. Do some research. We’ve got tips.
- PCMag’s Buying Guide
- April 12, 1981 – The first launch of a Space Shuttle: Columbia launches on the STS-1 mission.
- April 12, 1992 – The Euro Disney Resort officially opens with its theme park Euro Disneyland. The resort and its park’s name were subsequently changed to Disneyland Paris.
- April 12, 1994 – Canter & Siegel post the first commercial mass Usenet spam.