Apple refreshes the iPods, iTunes and Apple TV. A nasty IE8 bug wants to steal your data. And BuckyBall!
- Microsoft releases Windows Phone 7 to manufacturing
- IE8 bug stealing your data
- WFN now available in Zune Marketplace
- RedBox passes 1 Billion movie rentals
- PS3 gets 3D Blu-Ray playback in October
Feature Story: Apple’s September Announcements
- iPod line refreshed
- Shuffle reverts to n-1 generation
- Nano looks like a shuffle but gets touch screen
- iPod Touch catches up to iPhone 4 hw – 2 cams, retina display, etc
- iTunes 10 gets social w/Ping
- Apple TV gets smaller, cheaper and 100% rentals
- September 8, 1930 – 3M begins marketing Scotch transparent tape
- September 8, 1966 – The first Star Trek series premieres on NBC.
- September 4, 1985 – BuckyBall gets invented
- September 10, 2008 – The Large Hadron Collider at CERN, described as the biggest scientific experiment in history is powered up in Geneva, Switzerland.