Big news that will make you rethink using a public WiFi hotspot anytime soon.
- Google’s Chrome OS will be online. No hard drive needed.
- Microsoft Kinect pre-orders sold out at Best Buy and Amazon.com
- 1 Billion hours logged each month on X-Box Live
- Star Trek’s Enterprise now comes with an owner’s manual
- SyFi cancels Caprica
- Facebook acquires file-sharing service Drop.io
- Vending and Paypal
- 100Mb DSL now, 800 soon !
Feature Story: Firesheep
- What is it?
- A new plugin named Firesheep for the popular Firefox web browser allows fairly novice users to not only view your web traffic, but to actually log on to your Facebook, Twitter, or other account and control them. Spending five minutes in a Starbucks could jeopardize nearly every one of your personal accounts’ security.- Seattle Post Intelligencer
- Some secure alternatives to protect against FireSheep
- Providers of wi-fi hotspots can enable WPA and share the password
- November 5, 1955 – Dr. Emmett Brown invents Time Travel.