- CES 2011
- Samsung will introduce wifi only version of its Galaxy Tab
- Car Trip will let your iPhone talk to your car
- Custom molded earphones now in a do-it-yourself version
- Steve tweeted us that he liked the VideoNameTag device.
- How about a hard drive that can withstand a gun shot?
- Complete saga of Star Wars on BluRay available for pre-order on amazon for $90
- Verizon set to announce the iPhone on Tuesday. All signs point to it going on sale Feb 3rd as Apple employees have been told not to take vacation for the 4 days beginning that Thursday (the day Verizon usually releases new phones).
- Mac App Store launched. It works.
- follow up item from last week: you awake?
- Jan 15, 1889 – The Coca-Cola Company, then known as the Pemberton Medicine Company, is originally incorporated in Atlanta.
- Jan 12, 1932 – Hattie W. Caraway becomes the first woman elected to the United States Senate.
- Jan 12, 1967 – Dr. James Bedford becomes the first person to be cryonically preserved with intent of future resuscitation.
- Jan 10, 1990 – Time Warner is formed from the merger of Time Inc. and Warner Communications Inc.
- Jan 09, 2001 – iTunes v1.0