How is your WiFi? Does it meet your needs? This week we’ll talk about how you can assess the performance you’re getting from your current setup. When does it make sense to upgrade? Or maybe extend your current setup. Maybe you can just move your wireless router.
Running Time: 36:21
Nerd News Flash:
- Some cool E3 announcements that will whet your whistle
- Sony and MSFT targeting hard core gamers which is a different approach
- Ringly makes a ring that rings. Well, vibrates…
- Facebook was a little trigger happy accidentally releasing Slingshot
- Careful with those electronics…Solar Flare!
- It looks like the Army is making Spidermen
Featured Story: When Does a WiFi Upgrade Make Sense
- Lets talk about bandwidth. Netflix is throwing Verizon under the bus.
- Does the router in your home make a difference? What type of wireless is it, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and what devices do you have connected to it?
- Should you be using a hardwire connection
- Tom is going to swap a brand new router to replace a unit that is several years old.
- We’ll talk about the connected devices that he has. Many are typically only connected via wifi.
- Several of these devices are typically powered off, or he’s only using one at a time (ie using PS3, means the Xbox is probably off) but it seems that over time, the quality of the wifi streaming connections can suffer.
- Site survey software : Heatmapper is a free Windows program that lets you map wifi signal strength in your home.
[box]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio